i-REACH is a partnership with the NHS, academia and industry: to support a competitive, sustainable and high-value Life and Health Sciences sector.
i-REACH will bring together and optimise our existing clinical infrastructure, to establish a state-of-the-art, integrated clinical research facility that will attract national and international investment into the region, supporting excellent science.
We will provide a unified capability for clinical trials, augment the capacity to take on larger trial studies within the BCR (Belfast City Region), increase access to treatments for patients and provide the visible signal to industry of NI capabilities.
i-REACH infrastructure will:
- Co-locate existing facilities – creating operational efficiencies, join-up in approach to the NHS and commercial trial sponsors and free-up of space from vacated sites;
- Create an opportunity to expand existing facilities to facilitate increased commercial and grant revenues;
- Through an integrated physical facility, create an attractive proposition, and ‘front- door’ to clinical research in NI for FDI opportunities;
- Bring together academic, industry and government stakeholders - the facility will create an alignment of academic insight, industrial capability and patient and clinician input to deliver better treatments and create product/ technologies that can access growing global markets;
- Provide incubator space for high-growth companies with a view to creating transformative levels of new jobs for the BCR;
- Create a facility that is nationally and internationally competitive, enable increase significant levels of external grant/ contract funding are expected in order to translate research into new products and to expand jobs in academic, postdoctoral and technical sectors, together with growing numbers of funded postgraduate student numbers.